Changing Your Life For Weight Loss

I wrote before about making a lifestyle change as a way to lose weight.  There has been much written about the Mediterranean Diet, it's not a real diet with set rules about your everyday meals. It's a lifestyle of eating the way Mediterranean people have been eating for centuries. On the front page of my website, I write about the Mediterranean lifestyle of eating in the diet section. This food pyramid shows you what to eat and drink and how often.
You can find the food pyramid online.

When I gave up on diet plans you buy in packets at the grocery store. And decided I wasn't going to sweat the pounds off. I read a book on the Mediterranean Diet and it all started to make sense to me. Cutting back on the food I was eating, only made me hungry after an hour or so. I needed to change my eating habits totally. I stopped eating traditional meals, no more 3 meals a day. Now I was going to eat 6 times a day.
So you might ask, how do I lose weight that way.? Good question. The Idea is to only eat enough to stop the cravings. Of course, you have to eat real food, not snack food.
For example, I eat a bowl of Oatmeal at 5:30 A.M.  O.K., I guess that's a little early for some of you, but I get up at 5. Then after about 3 hours or so, I have some greek yogurt with fruit or honey. Then 12:30 or 1, I'll have half a sandwich cheese or avocado  that I bring from home and a piece of fruit. Then about 3 or 4 I have another yogurt or an apple and a handful of walnuts or almonds. Around 7, I eat a hot meal of fish or poultry and a vegetable and if you want something around bedtime, You don't want to eat anything sweet, so I might eat another yogurt or a handful of nuts. Your not going to be hungry anytime during the day if you eat 6 times. Portion control is important, you only eat enough to make it to the next time you eat. And try to bring your food from home. Even the yogurt can be bought at the grocery store in quantity cheaper than at a restaurant. I always eat Greek Yogurt, it has less sugar, more protein and is very filling.
And if you can, try not to eat out. If I have to eat out, I try to eat in a regular seat down restaurant. I order a spinach or Kale salad with water or tea. Lettuce has no nutritional value. I don't believe in throwing money away on food. I want some nutrition for my money. If I'm ordering a meal, I'll look for wild salmon on the menu. I don't eat out much but when I do I'm not going to eat just anything.
When you start eating the right way, the weight will come off. Remember though, You want to increase your activities, try to walk more or try rebounding. I love it, my wife has been rebounding for more than 10 years. Google it, you can buy rebounders on Amazon.com or at a sporting goods store. I like it because it's about the only time I have to watch T.V.

Remember what's important: Eating the right food to burn more fat and to be more active. One hour a day in the gym can't make-up for 8 hours a day of sitting.

If you really want to lose the extra flab you can get help, I write 4 blogs and I’ve written two E-books. Read some of my other blog posts.

Gettingtoahealthyweight.wordpress.com
idropped40pounds.wordpress.com
howbaddoyouwanttoloseweight.blogspot.com

E-books are the easiest and cheapest way to learn about any subject without groping through hundreds of websites looking for the material you want.
My first e-book is “HowBadDoYouWantToLoseWeight” and it sells for $2.99 on most online bookstores like Amazon.com, BN.com, iBook, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, and Gardner books in the U.K.

My second e-book is available in the same stores. And on smashwords.com. If you use the Smashwords promotional code You can get my second book for $1.99 (TL96R). Just type in the search line “getting to a healthy weight”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets