Eating Fresh And Eating Clean, That's What It's All About

Eat Clean Diet Review: Unprocessed Foods for Weight Loss

Reblogged from WebMD

The Promise

She means eating foods -- like lean protein, good-for-you carbs and fats, fresh fruits, and vegetables -- six times a day in the right amounts. Do that, drink lots of water, and exercise regularly, and Reno says you’ll turn your sluggish metabolism into a fat-burning machine.
Dedicate yourself to the clean eating lifestyle, and you’ll lose about 3 pounds a week, Reno says. The benefits go beyond weight loss. You'll stay healthy and have more energy. Your eyes will look bright and alert. Your teeth and gums will be healthier. Your skin will glow. Oh, and did we mention you won't be hungry?
“When you Eat Clean, the benefits are visible (and perceptible to you on the inside, too) from the top of your head to the tips of your toes,” Reno writes in The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged!
The Eat-Clean philosophy is that nutrition is far more important than exercise or genetics in shaping our bodies.

Does It Work?

The "eating clean lifestyle" has some good points. It's a balanced diet that focuses on whole grains, fruits, vegetables, fats, and protein. It also encourages you to control portion sizes. And it doesn't ban any food groups.
But the plan also recommends taking supplements and even questionable medical treatments that draw warnings from some experts.

I like what this author has said and I can tell that they are repeating information from a study and I want to take exception with the last part. 
I believe in "eating clean" and I believe in "you are what you eat" and what you eat is more important than exercise, but you have to be active and if you sit at a computer screen for hours a day then you're not active enough and "face it" heart pumping exercise is the only way you can make-up for the active you don't have. 

If a person is on the feet all day and only sits occasionally for short periods you may be active enough. I remember my grandparents living on a small farm in the 1950's stayed active all day, but most people don't have that type of lifestyle. We stay indoors most of the day under artificial lighting at a desk staring at a blue screen for hours on end and then go home and spend more time doing the same thing or staring at the TV. 

If the average person is in bed 8 hours a day and in the office 8 hours a day, I'll venture to say that you're only on your feet about 4 hours a day or less. We sit while we work, we sit when we go on break, we sit when we eat, we sit when we commute to work both ways, we sit while we watch TV. About the only time we walk is to move to another place to sit. Yes, I know some of us are on their feet at work, cashiers, store clerks, maintenance personnel and other service people like doctors and nurses, but you can't deny that many people with a weight problem are sitting too much and have a bad diet. 

I'm not throwing anything in your face, but I'm a writer that spends many hours on my laptop every day and I make time to stay fit and trim and maintain a healthy weight. I eat clean and only use one supplement which I think is important, "protein powder". I buy plant protein in the two-pound jar and it lasts one month. I don't eat red meat unless I'm invited to a friends house for dinner and then I only eat a small portion. Seafood and poultry are the best protein source I found. I try to eat 50 to 60 grams of protein a day. 

I have followed this type of diet for years now and I have more energy than ever before. I only consume about 1200 calories a day and that includes the alcohol. If you very active you might need extra calories for extra energy. I found that because I eat clean, fresh, healthy food, very little dairy (only plain greek yogurt), and I don't drink calories except for one alcoholic beverage a day, I'm much healthier in my senior years than I was during middle age.

You can tweet me with questions at #ray0369

I write several blogs and e-books, check out some of my other sites.
If you really want to lose your body fat than look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You'll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 
There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $1.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, B&N.com, iBooks, Kobo.comScribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.
My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com, just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. I’ll give you a discount coupon you can use at checkout. (PJ42H) not case-sensitive the price is $1.99 w/coupon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets