Eat A Second Breakfast

 I’m going through my email this morning and I see a post about eating twice before your mid-day meal. I like the 5 meal a day plan myself so I guess I’ve been doing it all along and didn’t know it. New research tells us that for not only weight loss but for good health, we should eat most of our daily calories the first 6 hours after we get up.

That makes sense to me because when you follow the 5 meal a day plan you eat every 3 hours and you eat the same number of calories at every meal, so the first 6 hours you eat 3 meals or about 900 calories. The last 2 meals are 300 calories each or about 600 calories. This gives your body time to burn the calories before evening when your body goes into hibernation mode.

I took a survey several months ago by asking my clients to make me a list of what they eat all day and what times they eat each thing.  First I should tell you that my clients come to me because they want to lose fat. Making the list of food helps me and helps them realize how much they eat and what they eat. Most of us are not aware of how much we really eat.

The results were interesting. It seems that most of my clients gained their excess fat by eating the wrong food and eating too much of that food after lunch. I’d get the same answer from all of them. “I’m just not hungry in the morning.” I give most of them the same answer, “you’re eating too much after lunch.” It seemed like most of them were non-stop snacking all afternoon or snacking at night. They would actually consume 2/3rd of their calories after 2 pm.

I had to explain that your body doesn’t have time to burn all those calories and you’re slowing down your metabolism because you’re not as active in the late afternoon and evening. That’s the reason you’re not hungry in the morning. You have all that undigested food still sitting in your stomach.

If you ever hope to lose your body fat you have to change the way you eat and what you eat. Read about the 5 meal-a-day plan on the internet and see if this meal plan might be for you. Most people think of a meal as a hot meal, but I only eat one hot meal a day. In the summer I rarely eat a hot meal. Anything you eat hot can be eaten cold. You can even bring a salad to work. Pack your salad in a Mason Jar and add the dressing at work. You can find dozens of ideas on the internet. Do a search “300 calorie meals” and you can find dozens of ideas. If you don’t have time to make food, my local grocery store packs small meals fresh at the deli counter every day, some you heat and some cold. They’re all 300 or so calories and they’re all fresh every day.

I pack fruit and nuts for snacks. Protein shakes are great for a snack-type meal. you can come up with dozens of ideas.

Follow me on X, the former Twitter, @ray0369 to get a link to my latest posts.

If you want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. 

Look for my first book at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 

Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets