Can I Skip Breakfast And Still Lose Weight?

 I guess you can try, but I never could. I was one of those guys that grabbed a drink and ran out the door every morning. I never worried about what I ate and by age 38 I was 60 pounds over-weight. I gained that extra weight after I turned 30. I never paid attention to my body and what was happening to me. I always thought I had time to deal with it later.

When I turned 40 I started to slow down and realized I had to lose weight. Because I was an athlete throughout High School and College, I thought I knew how to lose weight. I spent 5 years Wrestling in school and I had to maintain my weight, so I was on a constant diet. The real problem was my new diet. My diet had evolved over a couple decades and it took me a long time to realize I had to return to eating fresh food if I was going to lose my fat. So….

Is skipping breakfast really a big deal? What the difference?

If your trying to lose weight, I think that breakfast is important. It all goes back to the basic reasons for eating. If you want to stay healthy, you eat for the sake of your body. In other words, I Eat first thing or the first hour I’m up to give my body the fuel I need to concentrate, to give me strength to workout or to get to work and to be productive.

When I was younger, I didn’t think about those things. When I was younger I still had the stored up nutrition that all of us are born with, but as you age you use up that nutrition and you start to lose your edge. Your not as sharp.

It happens over many years and most people don’t realize it until they’re in their 40’s. By that time they caulk it up to aging or the fact that their out of shape, but the truth is they have spent their adult life eating wrong and not replacing that nutrition (vitamins and minerals) that they use up everyday.

We get in the habit of eating when you’re hungry, instead of eating to avoid getting hungry. This is why I eat breakfast. I usually eat a large bowl of oatmeal with fruit or Greek Yogurt with berries if I’m in a rush. Greek Yogurt is my go to snack when I need something small and filling.

So after I changed the way I was eating, that’s when I started to make changes in my body. Now I eat to avoid hunger. Yes, you have to get use to eating more often, but now when I eat a meal I fill up very quick. I never eat those big meals any more. And I don’t get hungry or have cravings.

I got use to listening to my body. I only eat what my body needs. I don’t eat processed foods, I don’t eat food from a can, I don’t eat already prepared foods like carry-out.

Of course, I eat in restaurants but during the months I was trying to lose body fat, I tried to avoid eating out and if I had to I only ate salads with olive oil and lemon juice that I added.

You can bend the rules a little after you lose that fat, but you can never return to your old diet. The weight will come right back.

When you eat several small meals a day, you want to space them about 3 hours apart. Remember to eat your first meal early, no matter how small, eat something nutritious. Something that will hold you for 3 hours. Your body needs some protein the first hour your up.

Try never to eat empty calories. And at first you’ll have to count your calories. When your not use to eating like this it’s easy to overdo it. Even if you’re active, 1500 to 1800 calories a day is all you need. So be picky about the things you eat.

When I first started to eat this way, I did some research, put on paper the things I wanted to eat and the number of calories, don’t forget to count the drinks, and I had all my choices of food and drink written down, in a small notebook that I kept with me.

I basically ate the same things over and over until I had time to research more food choices. Over a period of weeks my menu started to broaden.

Zoominto124180.75

This food pyramid is what helped me eat fresh foods and lose my fat. This isn’t a diet that will give you immediate results. This is a way of eat and if you stick to the foods on the pyramid you will lose fat, have more energy and be a happier, more productive person.

Follow me on X, the former Twitter, @ray0369 to get a link to my latest posts.

If you want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. 

Look for my first book at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 

Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets