Coffee VS Tea

 I know I drink too much coffee and I decided to do something about it. I looked up "benefits of coffee" and it does have antioxidants that are good for the body. I want to cut back on coffee not cut out coffee. But I might evenually. I like coffee and I have been drinking coffee since college, but now I feel that Tea might have more benefits and less caffeine. 

So, which is better for me green tea or black tea? Good question, I used Bing to help me choose. It turns out that both are good for the body, they come from the same plant. Black tea goes through a process of Oxidation which is letting the plant dry in the sun. That's it, no additives. Drying will change some of the properties in the leaves and also turn the leaves a dark brown which gives black tea its color. Green tea is the same tea leaves without the drying process. In several studies, there has been no real difference in the health effects except that in green tea there is a mineral that isn't present in black tea and adds a calming effect that counteracts the caffeine. 

The antioxidants will help to prevent certain types of cancer, and type 2 diabetes, and help blood circulation. Reduces your risk for heart attacks and strokes. Can also help with weight loss, and boost your immune system, and tea has less caffeine and does not erode tooth enamel. Japanese researchers have found that tea can decrease tooth loss because it changes the PH in your mouth and that may be what prevents cavities.

I also checked to see how much hot tea I should drink in a day for the health benefits. It said an adult should drink 3-5 cups a day to get the health benefits you need. I would imagine that the larger you are you would need more cups a day, but the study didn't say that. It did say and it gave a list of diseases and how many cups a day was recommended. Some cancers called for 6 cups or more a day for health benefits.

To sum this up, after one cup of coffee in the morning, I'm switching to Tea the rest of the day. I have tried drinking green tea in the evening and had no effect on my sleep.

Follow me on X or Twitter @ray0369 to get a link to my latest posts.

If you want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. 

Look for my first book at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 

Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets