Why Can't I Lose Weight?

 Often, we watch other people and think that if we just copy what they are doing we can look like that too. But losing body fat is a lot harder than it might look. When you are watching others exercise, like in a gym, they might never have had the weight problem you have. 

Every one's body is different, it's almost impossible to copy someone else's workout and think you can look like that. In order to lose weight and keep it off you have to lose fat. The only way to lose fat is to change your diet and your body will burn your excess fat over time. It might take two months; it might take two years.

My story is about a decade long battle to lose weight. I started by joining a lux gym. It had a track, pool, sauna, hot tubs, dozens of machines, and a weight room for those who pump iron. Also, you could join an exercise class or play racquetball. My wife and I used the gym almost every day hoping for quick results.

My wife had more luck than me. One day she told me, "You have change what you're eating. You're not going to lose weight that way. 

To make a long story short, I had to stop snacking, stop eating dairy, stop drink alcohol, drink water instead of soda, and stop doing cardo exercise. It took me years to figure that out before I started to lose fat. You have to lose fat to lose weight permanently. It's actually easier to lose weight than to lose fat. But the weight comes back if you still have the fat. 

Some overweight people think they can exercise the fat away, you can't. First of all, overweight people are out of shape so the idea that you can do one hour of running or even speed walking is too much to hope for. 

Also, many overweight people have medical conditions and shouldn't be taking any type of diet pills. If you just want to lose 20 pounds or less, it won't be that hard. Clean-up your diet and increase your activity by not sitting as much. I bought a Stand-up desk. I walk an extra 30 minutes a day. Once you lose the extra fat you can return to eating some of the food you use to eat but in smaller amounts. 

I eat about 5 times a day, but small amounts. I watch my calories and eat only 300 to 400 calories at one meal. And I have one alcoholic drink a day, usually Vodka on the rocks. I keep my total calories per day less than 2000. I have lost a total of 60 pounds over a decade and kept it off. If I gain 5 pounds, I stop what I'm eating and return to a stricter diet. Maintaining weight and losing weight are two different things, so don't get confused.

Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want to Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.

If you really want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want to Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets