Are Cheat Days Good or Bad?

Cheat meals are a debated subject and always a personal choice. Recent research on the hormone leptin, which regulates hunger, food intake, and energy expenditure is causing quite a stir in the health and fitness industry.

Calorie-restricted diets will show a drop in leptin levels, and since the hormone is synthesized primarily by our fat, the body will hold onto those stores not wanting to give up energy in starvation mode. The outcome is a slowed metabolism and no fat loss with lowered leptin levels.

The remedy suggested to kick up the leptin levels is to periodically increase calories to maintain a higher metabolism and successful weight loss. Some are opting to use cheat meals as a solution to not only rev up leptin levels but also enjoy foods not typically on their “eat clean” menus.

Calorie shifting has become a popular way to maintain a fit lifestyle, enjoy some treats, and not feel deprived.

The 90/10 rule supports eating healthy food 90 percent of the time and allowing for 10 percent splurges during the week. This would be considered a strict “eat clean strategy” but still allows for some indulgence. This has both physiological and emotional health benefits.

This is probably best for those that are new to workouts. You don’t burn as many calories as a more experienced person who has been working out for several years. You might ask yourself why an experienced athlete have to lose fat and that’s because you can still carry extra fat and be in good physical condition. Some people work out for different reasons and it’s not always the goal to lose fat. It’s only today that people are more conscious of their appearance. Today we realize that your appearance will help. in your career and in your social life. Everyone wants to be slim and trim. Personally, I am thinner than I’ve ever been. I weigh the same today as I did in freshman year High School. I’ve never been as slim as I am today. I’m a senior and I have a resting pulse of 66 and my blood pressure is 117/ 69. I feel like I’m still 40 and I don’t take any medications.

Think about how you want to live the rest of your life. If you’re young enough to still have your parents, take a good look and you can see what the “future you” will become. You can be anyone you want to be. You can be that guy who at 75 is on the golf course or tennis court or you can be the guy who’s pushing around a walker and the only thing to look forward to is the next pain pill.

Look for my podcasts on anchor.fm, or the podcast app on your cell phone. Search “howbaddoyouwanttoloseweight".

If you really want to lose your body fat then look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books.

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, B&N.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.


My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com, just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets