Are You Ready To Start Losing Weight?

Losing weight is a commitment to stop what you're doing and change. I weighed about 180 pounds in high school and that's good for a kid 6 foot tall. After about 10 years in the workforce and at the age of 32, I still weighed 173 to 178. In those days I was working construction jobs, very physical. Now, 40 years have gone by and I weigh 157 pounds. 
It's not like I never had a weight problem, at one point I was 220+ pounds. I owned a restaurant for more than 5 years and my weight inched up and I didn't really pay attention. I was in my 30's and gaining weight didn't bother me. I could still run, swim and play basketball. I still had energy. After I passed 40, I noticed myself getting sluggish. I knew I had to lose weight, the extra weight was affecting my performance. I joined a health club, started to play racket ball and use a rowing machine. I was going every day but I had a hard time losing more than 10 pounds.
The problem I had is that I was very active and it increased my appetite. I thought the extra activity alone would make me lose weight, but the exercise increased my food intake so I never lost. At the time, I didn't realize what was happening. All this was going on in the early 1980's and the information we have today is so much better it's easy for me to see that I wasted a lot of time and money. For several years, I was getting nowhere. My workout routine was on and off. I did lose some weight during the 80's but I was still around 200 pounds and not happy about it. I started to realize it was my diet more than the workout. Yes, you have to do some exercise but 30 minutes a day in the morning is enough to jump start your body. Food was the problem.
After you decide to do whatever it takes and you want to lose and nothing will stand in your way; the first thing to do is change your diet. After you find the diet you can live with for the long term than you're ready to start an exercise program and I recommend walking. Walking is the right exercise for losing weight. It's actually the perfect exercise for losing weight. Read about the 10,000 step a day program, it's great for beginners. The average person will only walk about 4,000 or 5000 steps a day and that's the problem. If you are not active enough you'll gain weight. Get a pedometer to count your steps and the best part is you have all day to walk the 10,000 steps. 
When you combine the walking with a healthy meal plan, you'll lose body fat. Many of us make the same mistake, we think if we cut back on the food we eat we'll lose weight and that usually doesn't work. Learn how to do this the right way, and when you stay with it,  you'll become slim and trim forever. Do some research and get it right the first time.
If you really want to lose the extra flab you can get help, I write 4 blogs and I’ve written two E-books. E-books are the easiest and cheapest way to learn about any subject without groping through hundreds of website looking for the material you want.
My first e-book is “HowBadDoYouWantToLoseWeight” and it sells for $2.99 on most online bookstores like Amazon, BN.com, iBook, Kobo, and Gardner books in the U.K.
My second e-book is available in the same stores. And on smash words.com. If you use the smash word promotional code You can get my second book for $1.99 (PJ42H). Just type in the search line “getting to a healthy weight”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets