Some Exercise Can Make You Gain Weight

Are you exercising and not really seeing the results you hoped for?

Maybe you're actually GAINING WEIGHT (very common, actually).

Fact is, numerous research studies have shown that individuals who start on exercise programs actually subconsciously eat MORE calories due to the fact that exercise also stimulates your appetite.

This is why folks who begin exercising--without consciously getting their diet under control at the same time--often actually GAIN body fat. By eating the right foods your body will eat up the body fat  with just a minimal amount of extra activity, like an extra one hour of walking every day.

Do you want to put in the time and the effort in the gym to GAIN weight? Some people do but not me.

Actually that's what happens to more people then you might think. I had the same problem. I was getting too heavy and the first think I thought of was joining a gym. So I spent $40 a month for many years and got nowhere. I’d lose a little and then gain it back and the cycle would repeat itself over and over.

Finally my wife told me I wasn’t counting my calories and I was eating the wrong things. "Exercise is good for your heart not your waistline.” Finally I started to listen to some of that advice and slowly straightened out my diet. I wasn’t very happy about it though. I had to stop drinking alcohol. I’m a guy and I like beer, but I knew if I didn’t stop drinking I’d never lose any weight. The good part is you don’t have to give it up forever. Only until you lose the weight.

Now that I lost the body fat I wanted to lose, I drink in moderation. One or two drinks a day and I’m not gaining any weight. The trick is moderation of course, but by losing the body fat my body burns more calories naturally so those extra calories don’t bother me. I know it sounds crazy, but the more body fat you have the less calories your body burns. That’s why heavy people can eat like a bird and still don’t lose weight, their not burning any calories. The heavier you are the less activity you want to be because your tired all the time. It’s the cycle that keep fat people fat. And besides that, when you're heavy your body is using all it's available energy just to keep the extra body fat alive, so walk around all day tired.

I know many people overweight and they don’t really understand why thin people can stay thin and heavy people stay heavy. Thin people will burn more calories then heavy people mostly because thin people are more active, but if your heavy you can do something about it. First, take a good look at your diet and cut out foods or drinks with no nutritional value. Why would you pay for food or drinks if it doesn’t help your body, if it has no nutritional value. Your wasting your money. If you eat the right food you will lose weight. Yes, calories are important, but some meal plans will let you eat all you want. Just stick to the plan. And some plan say you can eat anything in moderation. That's the key word"moderation". Those are usually starvation diets, so be careful. I like the plans you can eat all you want just stick to the plan. The food pyramid shown below are all fresh food. Make food choices from the pyramid and stick to it and you will lose fat. Nothing happens overnight so be patient and as your body gets used to the diet you will lose inches. Stick to the plan, that's the secret.



Forget about those foods that only taste good. Those foods are just empty calories. Eat fresh foods. Read about the “Mediterranean Diet” on the internet or go to my other blogs and look under “diets”. The website is “blogonlosingweight.blogspot.com"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My new ebook is in online bookstores now. You can go to Amazon.com and type the title in the search bar: How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight? The price is $3.99. I think you'll find it interesting. I write about myself and my battle with weight and all the mistakes I made and how you can avoid the mistakes and lose the unwanted body fat.

The ebook is also at http://barnesandnoble.com and they have a special introductory offer right now $2.99. Also available on Ibooks, Kobo, Scribd, and others worldwide.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets