How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?

I revived this blog page to tell you about my new ebook on "losing weight". 

I've wanted to write a book on weight loss for several years but never found enough time. My personal story with my weight has been my inspiration to write this book. I have been between chubby and thin since I was a child. It wasn't until I reached 50 years of age that I made a conscious decision to stop yo-yoing and keep the extra weight off.

I've lost also 60 pounds from my highest point and it does take time and you can lose your way along your journey but it's a journey worth taking. I always believed in exercise all the way back to 8th grade when I bought my first set of weights. I was active in school sports all through high school. I had some bad injuries in sports and there was years when I wasn't working out and I did gain some weight back, but after school when I started working I was a driver on a Coke truck. I had to unload the truck everyday by hand and bring the cases into the stores. Later I had my own route but the work didn't get any easier. Most days I didn't have a helper. I worked alone and the days were long.

I lost any extra weight I might have had over the next few years. I left that job for more money working heavy construction. As an iron worker tying re-bar on a highway concrete crew I got plenty of exercise so it was easy keeping my body in shape. The reason I mention these jobs is because of the hard work over those 10 years of working blue collar, I had stopped working out. I was staying in good shape and never thought I needed to workout. I had to quit working construction after I had an accident at work and spent the next several weeks in the hospital. After I recovered I was doing physical therapy but I was on crutches for several months. After that I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to construction.

I bought my own business and was doing well but I wasn't very active and I started to gain weight. Over the next few years I had gained about 50 pounds. By that time I knew I had to lose weight but whenever I would lose a few pounds, I'd gain it back. For several years I was yo-yoing up and down, until I finally got serious about my weight. So I'm writing this book to give you some valuable information, most of which I learned the hard way, so you might be able to lose the extra weight you've been struggling with.

I quit trying several times but always went back to some sort of diet. I slacked off on the exercise for several years because of my bad knees, but after several years of therapy and one knee surgery, I started back on a regular work-out schedule. When I got my diet and exercise working together, I was finally able to lose the body fat and keep it off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My new ebook is in online bookstores now. You can go to Amazon.com and type the title in the search bar: How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight? The price is $3.99. I think you'll find it interesting. I write about myself and my battle with weight and all the mistakes I made and how you can avoid the mistakes and lose the unwanted body fat.
The ebook is also at http://barnesandnoble.com and they have a special introductory offer right now. $2.99
Other sites that sell the book are: IBOOKS, KOBO, SCRIBD, CIANDO in Germany sells the English version, and GARDNERS BOOKS in the U.K.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets