All About Losing Weight

I know I should write more about exercise, but the truth is that exercise is only about 20% of losing weight and 80% of weight lose is diet. I don't advocate a gym membership or even trainers unless your a real exercise enthusiast. The best way for a novice to start exercising is to start walking.

Get some kind of fitness tracker that keeps track of your heart rate and the minutes a day that your active or moving. Some trackers will also track the hours you sleep. Sleep is really important for losing weight. Moving is the part of being active that's the most important. When you stay moving, that doing something while on your feet that's being active. That's why some offices are going to stand up desks. Working on your feet is more productive and as a bonus will help you control your weight. Think about it, when I worked in retail there's no chairs by your counter.

Why do office workers have to sit to be by their desk? That's old school, because no one thought about making stand-up desks? I don't think so. They had stand-up desks 200 years ago. But the way I understand it, people are not the same height, so everyone was not able to use the same height desk. When desks became a mass-produced item, they wanted to make a desk everyone could use. So that's when they came up with the desk of today, which is just another think that manufacturers haven't really changed for the past 100 years until now with the new stand-up adjustable desk. They adjust to any height you want. I know that most people are not going to be crazy about this new desk, but it will help solve the back problem issue. If an employee has to Stay at a desk all day they should have the choice of either standing or sitting.  Now if we can only get people up and moving after they get home.

One reason I'm not in favor of the gym memberships and the trainers that work you to death, is that much of that type of activity can harm you physically. I was one of those guys who worked out everyday, played racquetball, ran the track 2 miles a day and did aerobics, but I found it very hard to lose weight inspire of all the activities. I never changed the food I was eating, so I never lost weight. I never tried to eat healthy. And if I did, it was only temporarily. I was always getting injured, pulled a muscle or the time I had tennis elbow, that lasted for more than a year. It was always one injury after another because I was being to active. So if I lost any weight when I was working out, I would gain it back when I had to lay-off because of an injury.

I learned the hard way that moderate exercise is the best way. I like a Rebounder for indoor exercise. You can see a picture online at Amazon.com or go look at one at a sporting goods store. You can find exercises to do online. I think it's great exercise indoors because I live on the Gulf coast, with the rain, heat, and some cold weather, so it's easier to workout indoors in front of the TV. Walking outdoors is my favorite exercise, but if I can't I mall walk along with dozens of others at the mall. At most malls the doors are open at 6 or 6:30 a.m. for the employees and they don't care if you come in. You can easily do 3 miles or more before work. And you don't need special clothes, just walking shoes.

For the unfit person and older seniors walking is the best exercise there is. If you have a problem walking, you might have trouble with the Rebounder. Swimming is another option to stay moving and if your close to a YMCA they have special classes for seniors, ( water aerobics) you don't have to swim. And other classes for adults. Swimming clubs are another option. Even if your not very mobile there's always ways to exercise.

Dieters don't always realize that losing weight will weaken you. You can become tired and lose your strength. That's why you need to exercise when trying to lose weight. You need to keep your strength up and don't lose muscle mass.

So losing weight is really about losing body fat not necessarily about losing pounds. So always make sure that your plans for weight lose include moderate exercise along with a healthy diet. Don't stop eating, don't skip meals, just eat better.

Losing body fat should be your goal. Read up on weight loss and losing body fat. It doesn’t cost money to lose weight. The internet is full of free information.

But the quickest way and cheapest way is to buy an ebook online and get everything you need in one short read. I have two ebooks on Amazon:

How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight

Getting To A Healthy Weight

Check out one of them, I think you can find all the info you need and plenty of tips on how I lost my body fat. 
Look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You'll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 

Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find these e-books. These books give you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans or meal plans. Look for my books at Amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com,
 iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com, just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets