You Can't Beat Yourself Up

My last post was about heredity and how some weight conditions can be caused from your family genes, but I believe it's more about your family history. The food you ate the first few years of life. We don't really know how much a child is affected by his informative years. What if the foods or maybe the sugar or fats that you consumed during those informative years created a pattern and gave you the cravings you have today? The good news is that we can correct those cravings, change them and even ignore them. I don't think food gets boring. If I think I could lose weight eating 1600 calories a day, then I would surf the web for foods I liked and foods that would work for me. I don't eat out much. I use a crock pot to make a meal for that evening but before I eat dinner, I divide the meal so I have enough for lunch the next day. And you might think you don't have time in the morning but you can prepare the dinner at night, put it in the frig and then fill the crock pot in the morning. In the morning you have coffee and a yogurt cup. The yogurt cups are about 150 calories, you can bring some with you when you pack your lunch. Your crock pot dinner can be about 1000 calories, that's usually dinner for 4. Your bringing about half for lunch and save half for dinner. Even if you ate all four portions in one day and 3 yogurt cups with fruit. Drink only 0 calorie drinks like tea, hot or cold, or coffee, water or any other 0 calorie drink. Now I think you'll be under 1600 calories for the day. 1600 calories is the right amount for anyone on a weight loss program, but you still have the job of burning those calories. Actually you have to burn more to loss weight. If you consume little fat grams and stay with the 1600 calories, then it's just about your activity level. If you burn 1700 calories a day and eat only 1600 you'll lose weight. If you burn only 1500 calories then you'll gain weight. It's that simple. If you can't lose weight then your eating too many calories. Cut back to 1400 calories for a week and see what happens. Your in control of this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets