Planning meals will help you lose weight

We talk about cutting back on food consumption in a previous post but we haven’t said how. So today I have some ideas. I plan my meals the day before. Actually I started planning to save money. I was planning a week at a time so I knew what to buy. Then I found that planning not only saved me money, but I had less food in the house and I ate less. Not really by design, kinda by accident. It might sound like a crazy idea. If you try it you’ll get it. I wasn’t going out as much. I ate at home more because I knew what was for dinner. The problem with going out to eat is you end up eat whatever your craving.

Before I started planning I’d stop and eat on the way home. It was easier and I didn’t have to clean up. But I’d just get home and turn on the TV and pull out the snacks. Now I go home, make dinner, I stick to the plan. Eat dinner and clean up. Take care of any phone calls I need to return, do my email and finish up any paper work I need to do. By that time it's usually after 8 and I find a movie I want to watch. I know many of you work-out at night, but I’m a morning person and I like to work-out before work. I’m up at 5 a.m. work-out for 30 minutes and hit the shower. Then I eat, dress and go to work. If you’ve been in the service you learn to keep your day organized. It works for me.

If you’re going to start to plan meals ahead of time, you’ll find it easier if you shop every couple of days. It’s easier at the beginning to just buy for two days at a time. Plan lunches in with the other meals. You’ll want to start bringing lunch and snacks with you to work and quit buying stuff out of the machine. As a rule you only buy stuff out of a vending machine because you’re bored or it’s break-time. It’s so easy today to get Greek Yogurt with fruit; they come in six-packs, at the grocery store, that’s the advantage of shopping every couple of days. Greek yogurt is a great source of protein and blueberries are a great source of antioxidants.

If you can plan your meals a couple days at a time and do it at night after dinner, that’s the key. Then you can stop on the way home with your list, pick up a few things and your done and on your way home. When I started planning meals this way, I would stop after work and try to plan the meals while I was shopping. That didn’t go well. First I learned to never shop for food when you’re hungry. You buy too much. Make your shopping list after you finish eating, it’s much easier, you still have food on the brain but you’re not hungry. Try this for a few weeks and I think it will work for you, just like it worked for me. I found that making your own meals was "key" to my weight loss program.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I write about losing weight, how to lose weight, what foods to eat when you're trying to lose weight and exercise that will help you lose weight. I wrote an ebook that will give you all the info in one read. It's a how-to book that also tells you about the mistakes I made and how to avoid them.


My ebook is available at www.amazon.com, www.B&N.com, iBooks (download the app), kobo.com, scribd.com and many more. My ebook will go on sale in May for $1.99. This special will only last for a limited time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets