Fasting For Beginners

 This is by far the best way I found to lose weight and burn fat. There are several ways to Fast. The three ways that most dieters use are:

 Intermittent fasting, also known as intermittent energy restriction, is an umbrella term for various meal timing schedules that cycle between voluntary fasting (or reduced calorie intake) and non-fasting over a given period. Methods of intermittent fasting include alternate-day fasting, periodic fasting, and daily time-restricted feeding. wikipedia.org

  •  Three methods of intermittent fasting
  •  Involves eating only during a certain number of hours each day, often establishing a consistent daily pattern of caloric intake within an 8–12 hour time window.
  •  Involves alternating between a 24-hour "fast day" when the person eats less than 25% of usual energy needs, followed by a 24-hour non-fasting "feast day" period. It is the strictest form of intermittent fasting because there are more days of fasting per week.
  •  Involves any period of consecutive fasting of more than 24 hours, such as the 5:2 diet where there are one or two fasting days per week, to the more extreme version with several days or weeks of fasting.
I know this might sound pretty radical. The only one I was able to stick to was the first one. Time-restricted feeding. I like this one and it made sense to me. I picked a 10- hour period during the day when I would eat all my food and consume all my calories. That means you have to go without anything with calories for 14 hours. Because I sleep almost 8 hours a day and I don't eat breakfast, this seemed to be a no-brainer. 

I could drink coffee, tea, water or anything else without calories. I would have a protein shake at 10:00 am, lunch around 1:00 and dinner around 6pm. Even if I didn't finish dinner until 7pm, I was still within the 10- hour time frame I set for myself. 

That sounds really simple right, wrong. You can't cheat or it won't work, and you have to stop consuming all calories 4 hours before bed. You can pick any 10-hour period you want, but to burn fat your body needs that 14-hour window without calories, so your body is forced to burn fat. 

I read that for maximum weight loss you should start the 10-hour feasting period as early as possible. It takes the body 4 or 5 hours to burn up the food you ate before it starts burning fat. So, I might have lost weight faster if I started my 10-hour of feasting at 8 am and finished at 5 or 6 pm giving my body more time to burn food before bed.

Some say it does matter, as long as you feast 10-hours and fast for 14-hours. Once you pick your time period for feasting, you have to stay with that same time every day. It worked for me, and I was doing minimal exercise.

Follow me on X, the former Twitter, @ray0369 to get a link to my latest posts.
If you want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. 
Look for my first book at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.
My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 
Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want to Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets