Will Family Gatherings Add Fat To Your Body

I know this Holiday we are still dealing with the virus, but we still had over one million travelers that will be at the airports, not what it was last year but it was the busiest travel day since last holiday season. No one will forget Mom or Grandma on Thanksgiving. I have a personal problem this holiday season; I can't have alcohol, or caffeine and I should be watching my salt. The good news for all you on a diet; The first week, I lost 5 pounds and I'm not heavy. 

I know all about eating too much at those family gathering. In this case we are talking about Thanksgiving.  Around my house or at anyone’s house that I know there is two parts to the big feast. First, we eat a huge dinner, sometimes three kinds of meat, two different types of dressing, two types of cranberries, several types of potatoes, and several different vegetables. The idea is that no one, no matter how fuzzy, will go way hungry. There is always something for everyone in unlimited quantities.

Then comes the second part, which usually is about one hour later, “dessert”. This is what everyone has been waiting for. If it’s a big gathering like 10 or 12 or more the whole table will be filled with pies, cakes, chocolate candies, brownies, lemon squares, and other ethnic tricks that we only see once or twice a year. These are times that no one should miss, even if you’re on a diet.

The really bad part of the Holidays is that you might have to eat this meal more than once. We all have large families, and you can’t say no to an invitation this time of the year, so what does a person do? You try and sample the things you like but do it in small amounts and remember that you don’t have to finish your plate. My daughter told me just the other day that the biggest lesson to learn when you’re trying to lose weight is “that it’s okay to through food away”.   Another tip to help you from overindulging is to only eat half of each food on your plate.

Some other tips:

Don’t drink calories, save the calories for food.

Stick to low calorie desserts.

Or my personal favorite, "I’m stuffed, I can’t eat another thing” but I might want to take a small piece of that cake home with me.

You didn’t eat any high calories desserts and because you asked for something to go, you didn’t hurt anyone's feelings.

And a tip for the big eaters, eat before you go. Don’t go to a party without eating first. The food you eat out may be high in calories, but you’ll eat less if you eat something healthy before you go.

Try and walk after dinner.

The average holiday meal can add 5 pounds because you can easily consume 5000 calories when you include the drinks. Do you remember how long it took to lose 5 pounds? It’s easy to add 10 pounds over the Holidays and it can take months to lose it. You’ll be expected to eat, and drinks so be careful you don’t hate yourself after the season is over.

This year in particular, you will see more parties this fall; everyone is tired of being cooped up. People want to get back to normal. So, watch what you’re eating, “you can’t exercise away a bad diet”.

Follow me on Twitter or X @ray0369

Look for my podcast by searching “How Bad Do You Want to Lose Weight” on the podcast app that you use. You’ll see a piece of my book cover.

If you really want to lose your body fat look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want to Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, bn.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com and other online bookstores. Just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets