Why Do I Bother To Stay Fit At My Age

 I am asked the question every week by someone, "are you trying to live forever?" No, I don't believe we can change our destiny. I'm 78 this year, and my doctor took me off medications a few years ago. He monitors my vitals and said at this time I don't need any meds. A neighbor of mine is 5 years older and is talking to his doctor about lowering his blood pressure medicine. He wants it cut in half. His diet is different than most of us. All he eats is white meat chicken and green vegetables and bottled water. Every meal is the same. He walks or bike rides.  

Exercise at any age can improve your health. I don't like simply taking drugs because other people my age take that drug. I was taking a statin and my doctor stop it a couple years ago. Yes, I have blood work and other tests done every year and if my doctor advises me to take a prescription we talk about and I'll decide if the doctor thinks it's necessary. 

Drugs are chemicals and I want to limit the amount of chemicals in my body. Chemicals that we consume do not dissolve they only accumulate. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe chemicals in our body are one of the causes of cancer. 

So I do like food but some foods I stay away from. I don't eat or drink dairy, I limit any foods made with white flour. I try not to eat foods that contain sugar or sweetener. I limit alcohol, because of the sugar, to red wine. Otherwise, I drink water. 

I know that doctors and dieticians don't like a diet that is repeditive. But as your body ages, it's harder to digest a variety of foods at the same meal. If you watch what you eat and drink and exercise every day you too will become fit or at least improve your health. 

Look for my podcasts on anchor.fm, or the podcast app on your cell phone.

 Search “howbaddoyouwanttoloseweight”.


If you really want to lose your body fat then look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books.


There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, B&N.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.


My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com, just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets