Things That Affect Your Weight

With a little bit of science, your “genetic makeup” plays the biggest role. These are the things we get from our ancestors. Colors of our eyes, our height, our basic body size, and weight, also the way our brain works, and the way our body stores fat. Now that last one is important if you want to lose fat. I’m talking about the way fat is distributed through your body. For example, if your mother was 18 to 20 years of age, she might have been slim but after having a child she started to put on pounds from her waist down to her knees. Then if you start to put on extra pounds you could do the same. Of course, that will depend on which parent you favor.

Your bone structure is also genetic; if your mom and dad both had short legs then probably you also will. So you can see what I’m getting at. Losing weight won’t fix everything. So now we know we can’t fix everything, but we can lose excess fat.

Your diet or in other words ( what you eat every day ) affects your weight and the amount of fat you have or your “BMI”. This is a term you want to remember, BMI.

Body Mass Index, how much of your weight is fat. Every day you eat foods with fat your BMI can go up. That’s how fast your body works to digest your food. Just say you go to work and stop for something to eat. You have no time so you go thru the drive-thru and get coffee and a roll. O.K., doesn’t sound like much, but if you put cream and sugar and the roll had butter in it or it was a donut that has sugar you might have had about 800 calories, and I’m being nice. Lunch comes around and if you haven’t eaten anything since the coffee and roll, maybe you eat about 1500 calories for lunch. If you eat lunch out that 1500 will be easy to do, even if you just have a salad and soda. Now before I go any further, the average person will only metabolize about 2000 calories a day and if you’re a small person, less than 150 pounds, that number is probably less than 2000. So you can see by my above example that it’s easy to overeat. That doesn’t mean you eat too much, only that you consume too many calories.

Another thing you inherit from your ancestors is the speed at which you burn calories. Some people will naturally burn more calories a day than others without doing anything. The less body fat and the more muscle you have the more calories your body will burn at rest or without doing anything. That’s another good reason to lose fat.

What and how you eat will affect your weight. The American diet contains too much-saturated fat (bad for the heart plus this fat goes straight to storage), too many calories, too much cholesterol, too much animal protein, salt, and sugar. Why you might ask, we eat out too much and restaurants generally have nothing on the menu that’s nutritious, and the portions are too big. But all their interested in is that the food tastes good and you had enough to eat.

You want to strive to reach a healthy weight. The weight that’s right for you might be more than you like or not but you want a weight that makes you feel healthy. For example, when I was 18 to 22, in sports and what some might say “on the top of my game” that was the right weight for me. That’s when I felt the best. That’s what you have to decide for yourself. I’m over 60 now, and I weigh that same 172 I did so many years ago. After I lost that excess weight I felt 20 years younger. I still feel like I’m 40. It’s the excess weight that ages your body. Lose that extra weight and you’ll feel much younger. I still have aches and pains sometimes but that’s from the damage the extra weight has done to my body. Excess weight will age your body way past your years. Don’t let that happen to you.

Look for my podcasts on anchor.fm, or the podcast app on your cell phone. Search “howbaddoyouwanttoloseweight".

If you really want to lose your body fat then look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You’ll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books.

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $3.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans, or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, B&N.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.

My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com, just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets