How I Lost 100 Pounds


I found this testimonial on line and it should be inspirational for everyone. There’s no magic pill or trick to losing weight, you just do it cold turkey. We all have the power to do it, you just have to make up your mind to start. This girl decided to run and change her diet and that’s the fastest way I know to drop body fat, but not all of us can do that. I like the walking method. It takes longer but if your not young anymore walking is easier on your body. Read her story and be inspired yourself.

I’ve been heavy my entire life. Even in my kindergarten photos, I was chubby. In late high school, I gained more weight. In college, I reached 260 pounds — I think because I was on my own. I had a driver’s license, a job. I could go out to dinner, eat when I wanted. Nobody was watching over me.

Being heavy didn’t make me feel bad, though. I was pretty confident. I didn’t realize I was as big as I was until I started looking at old photos a few months ago. It was pretty shocking.

About three and a half years ago, I lost 40 pounds. Then I got pregnant with my first child. I lost that pregnancy weight, then got pregnant again. After my second babywas born, I lost all but 10 pounds of that extra weight, so I weighed 230 pounds.


My First 5K: Beginner to Finish Line

Deciding to Lose Weight
Two things pushed me to start seriously losing weight. First, I was done having kids, so I knew my body wouldn’t be going through any more major changes. And second, my father had a heart attack at age 54, as had my grandfather. I knew I needed to take better care of myself.

My first step was to start the Couch to 5K program, which helps sedentary people work up to running a 5K race in just 9 weeks. I always thought runners were so cool, but to be one seemed like an impossible goal. A friend and I decided to try it together.

I had to start inside on a treadmill because I was too embarrassed to be outside. I cried that first day because I could only run for three 1-minute periods — and you’re supposed to do it eight times.

Eventually I worked through it, and we ran a 5K last October. Now I can run for more than an hour at a time. I’m hoping to train for a 10K soon, maybe even a half marathon some day.

Learning to Eat Healthy
Of course, diet is important, too. In the beginning, I didn’t change what I was eating. I just changed how much I was eating. I didn’t want to give up bad stuff.

Then I got tired of being hungry all the time, so I started making healthier choices. I started cooking more, rather than ordering in. I also learned about portion sizes and calories.

I have four children: a 16-year-old stepdaughter, a 10-year-old stepson, plus two sons, 3 and 1. I operate a day care in my home, and I sell shirts for little boys on the side. Running is my alone time. I’m outside. I’m getting fresh air. I’m not getting interrupted. I use it for my prayer time.

Right now I weigh 159 pounds, so I’ve lost 71 pounds since I set my mind to losing weight. A lot of people ask, “What’s your secret?” like there’s a pill or a program or a trick of some kind.

But the truth is I did it on my own, with a lot of hard work and some online fitnesstools. I know I’ve been a good role model to my children. That’s what counts.

This lady has made the life changing steps she needed to make to become a happier, healthier person. She should be very proud of her accomplishments.

If you really want to lose your body fat than look for my e-books at the websites listed below. You'll get information on Healthy eating, exercise, and diet. Instead of spending hours on the internet reading dozens of posts, you can save time by picking up one of my e-books. 

There are two e-books. “How Bad Do You Want To Lose Weight?” is available at all the online bookstores selling for $1.99. Go to any of the websites below and search the title to find my e-book. This book gives you all you need to lose weight without spending money on gym memberships, diet plans or meal plans. Look for my book. at Amazon.com, B&N.com, iBooks, Kobo.com, Scribd.com, or Gardner Books in the U.K.


My new e-book is available on Smashwords.com, just type “getting to a Healthy Weight” in the search box at the top of the home page. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Mediterranean Diet?

Changing Your Life To Lose Weight

Cancer and High Protein Diets